PORTRAIT OF AN ARTIST: The Abstract of Susie Wolf, Created by Ethan Kaull Videography


 THE ABSTRACT OF SUSIE WOLF

Life is so very interesting. One minute you are cooking a beautiful meal and feeling so lighthearted and happy, then all of a sudden you feel a sharp pain in your chest above your heart, accompanied by a tremendous pain in your forehead that creates a total physical weakness causing you to drop to the kitchen floor. Luckily, you have your cell phone that is sitting on the kitchen counter, and you have just enough strength to call Barbara, your neighbor who drives our local small town ambulance service truck.

After twenty years of being a resident in our tiny town of Montana, Barbara and others have driven me several times to our rural hospital in Bozeman. It was because of my health issues that I met Ethan Kaull. All of our ambulance drivers who are volunteers, are under a great deal of stress due to the unexpected growth in our town. Therefore, certain needs for the ambulance services were being ignored. 

I believe it was Barbara who had the idea of hiring a videographer to interview a frequent flyer that needed urgent help. Barbara referred Ethan Kaull to me after asking if I would be willing to be filmed as I speak about life with medical issues in rural Montana. 

I received a phone call from Ethan introducing himself and letting me know when he would arrive for the interview. I was very impressed with Ethan's skills and also his lovely personality. We had a very nice time filming the ambulance documentary and to my surprise, at the end of our meeting Ethan asked if I would be interested in him filming a documentary of my artistic life. Naturally, I agreed and said absolutely.

Not too long after the ambulance documentary, Ethan arrived at my home with a truck full of equipment! We had a wonderful time with the shoot; I was so pleased with our conversation and how professional he is. My one and only complaint with the documentary is that my art studio is very small, so...the camera was facing my wall easel when we were painting together, and the camera was directly behind my back which literally doubled the size of my derriere!

Now, you might think I am making a mountain out of a molehill, but when you see how big my back end is on camera that is merely inches away from me, you can imagine how mortified I was! 

The truth is that I wouldn't change a thing. We had a wonderful time filming the documentary that dug deep into my life as an artist and also about the journey from childhood, the journey of hard knocks and the journey of discovering who Susie Rosso Wolf truly is.

Thanks, and love to Ethan Kaull who will always and forever be invited for a nice Rosso spaghetti dinner. Grazie, Ethan, Grazie!

-Susie Rosso Wolf


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALONG THE GALLATIN

ROSANN'S TONE POEM