At The Edge of the Woods
At the edge of the woods there are vibrations of life that flow through the quiet heart.
If you see a stump nearby, sit and listen to the voices. The trees feel your sorrow, or joy. Trees know who you are and sense your intentions. Trees know when you sit quietly, holding back tears and whispering wishes to God.
Trees know you.
The moment you walk into the forest they know your intentions, and they know what you need.
Trees will fill you with peace if you talk to them, in a way you might just feel a swish of love come over you from a dancing branch, if there is a slight breeze.
At The Edge of the Woods came to me while I was walking in our forest garden. I sat on a stump with my sketchbook so I could draw the trees. I studied ten trees before I decided on the last tree in the row on the right across from the other five in the garden.
The last tree sat and lived at the edge of the tree garden. It is a lonely tree without a bend in its trunk.
The painting I am sharing with you is the original composition on a 60" x 24" gallery canvas that was perfect for my vision, given the fact that the tree was old with peeling bark that was perfect with texture.
What more can I say about a perfect golden light and a beautiful tree that is so old its bark provides a deep interest and a long story.
-SR Wolf
Comments
Post a Comment