PRAIRIE AUGUST


PRAIRIE AUGUST


Completed August 5, 2021, Prairie August is an original acrylic and metallic painting that came to me while walking in my pasture during the last days of August.

I will never forget the beauty and essence of the miraculous change of nature while summer was saying farewell. Prairie August was created with acrylics, metallics and dried prairie brush that I pulled up from my walking trail. 

How it happens with me is so simple yet so incredibly important. I never walk without my camera or cell phone camera. There's too much to lose when you live in Montana. Every image rises up in striking beauty under the enormous Big Sky. Multiple colors blend together as a family while they give the eye something it sees, only once every twelve months of the year. This is why I love the Fall. 

While returning back to the studio on the day I shot the many images of wheat and straw mixed with the last of the tall green grass, I rushed to my easel, opened up my paints and began to create my composition. 

To this day, Prairie August is the only non-commissioned painting in my collection that sold the day it was finished.

-Susie Rosso Wolf

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PORTRAIT OF AN ARTIST: The Abstract of Susie Wolf, Created by Ethan Kaull Videography

ALONG THE GALLATIN

ROSANN'S TONE POEM