SALAMANDER
SALAMANDER
36" x 36"
Acrylics, Metallics & Oil
Stretched Gallery Canvas
Salamander has a secret! The title was given to me by my husband who noticed something in this painting that is most unusual. The way the story goes is that I was feeling this painting was finished so I asked my husband to give it a name, as I often do. He looked at the painting for several moments and out of the blue he said "SALAMANDER!" I looked at him as if he was crazy! Salamander? Why Salamander? All of a sudden, he pointed to a shape in the painting that totally made sense. Salamander abstractly represents stones under the waters of our many rivers here in Montana. So, while my husband was looking at the painting, attempting to name it, he noticed a white shape over one of the stones! The white shape looks exactly like a salamander sunbathing on the rock.
Salamander has been in retail and in gallery. Currently, Salamander is for sale; available for gallery, retail, restaurant installation, museum installation, business installation and also available for city murals.
-Susie Rosso Wolf

Comments
Post a Comment