SOTTO ROCCE AQUA


 
SOTTO ROCCE AQUA
(Rocks Under Water)
36" x 36"
Acrylics, Ink & Oil
On Stretched Gallery Canvas


Sotto Rocce Aqua was an intuitive abstract piece when I first laid down the underpainting with titanium white gesso. I had been thinking about blue with black for quite a while so for some reason this canvas became the Ginny pig. 

Living so close the Jefferson River, The Madison River and the Gallatin River I have become very much in love with rocks under water. Sotto Rocce Aqua and Salamander both speak for my love of watching calming river water flow so peacefully over the rocks on the bottom of the rivers.

Naturally, the design of this painting is quite abstract. However, I hope that you can see and feel the rhythm of the water over the odd shaped stones. I mean, after all...this is a Susie Rosso Wolf painting!

-Susie Rosso Wolf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PORTRAIT OF AN ARTIST: The Abstract of Susie Wolf, Created by Ethan Kaull Videography

ALONG THE GALLATIN

ROSANN'S TONE POEM