THE ITALIAN


 THE ITALIAN
12" x 24"
Acrylics and Metallics
On Stretched Canvas.


The Italian was inspired by my sister, Sharifah, who has a love for the color gold. As usual, I didn't have a composition in mind in the beginning of the underpainting, therefore I simply scraped multiple paint colors onto my pallet. I began to think of Italy and their love for all things gold, then suddenly the composition came alive.

Thinking of Sharifah inspired the color scheme of this 12" x 24" acrylic abstract piece. Sharifah sparked the memories of our mother's beautiful gold sofa and chair in our living room. And then I began to add the red of our mother's beautiful bowl that held our gorgeous camellia flowers that floated inside the bowl. Next, I mentally walked into our kitchen adding many colors that popped into my mind from years gone by; green, orange, copper, blue, and more. 

The Italian has been sold; however, prints are absolutely available. You can leave a comment here and I will connect with you. 

-Susie Rosso Wolf 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PORTRAIT OF AN ARTIST: The Abstract of Susie Wolf, Created by Ethan Kaull Videography

ALONG THE GALLATIN

ROSANN'S TONE POEM