INSTALLATION AT CAL ARTS


 INSTALLATION AT CAL ARTS

In 1974 and 1975 I attended California Institute of the Arts. I auditioned for the School of Music and was accepted in as a coloratura soprano. During my first year at Cal Arts, it was mandatory that all first year students, (no matter what school/department they were accepted into) attend classes once a week in art history. Every week I sat in the classroom watching films about Vincent van Goph, Picasso, and many more. At the time, Andy Warhol had emerged and I fell in love with his work. I remember loving just about all art that I was exposed to in those days.  

Although I was only in attendance for two years at CalArts, I never stopped thinking about the School of Art and my friends who were artists, students who painted mostly abstractly because abstract was huge in the 1970's. 

Flash forward to 2023 when I received an invitation to the 50th year anniversary of CalArts. Living in Montana it was impossible to attend the gala that would take place at their huge anniversary party. However, I did participate not as a soprano in the School of Music, but as an emerging artist who always dreamed about taking on art.

These two very large paintings were on display during the very successful 50th year celebration of California Institute of the Arts. 
The two paintings on display are Rosann's Tone Poem and The Marie.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PORTRAIT OF AN ARTIST: The Abstract of Susie Wolf, Created by Ethan Kaull Videography

ALONG THE GALLATIN

ROSANN'S TONE POEM