WHEAT UNDER FIRE
WHEAT UNDER FIRE
16" x 20"
Acrylics, Metallics
On Stretched Canvas
Completed in October 2023
In Wheat Montana fire is a threat not only to life and wildlife, but also a tremendous threat to our way of life. Hundreds, thousands of miles of wheat grow every year in order to feed not only Montana and the United States, but we actually feed the world.
Every Spring, Summer and Fall we watch the planting, the maintenance and the harvest of the wheat.
Montana is one of the largest wheat-producing states in the U.S., especially known for:
*HARD RED SPRING WHEAT
*DURUM WHEAT
*HARD WHITE WHEAT
Montana wheat is commonly exported to countries in Asia, Africa, Central and South America and even Europe. So, imagine living a mere two miles from one of the largest producers of wheat on this planet.
The irony of this painting is that...I have Celiac Disease; therefore, I am unable to take one bite of bread, or a donut, some wonderful pasta, or my favorite snack, a simple sugar cookie.
Additionally, this painting is a tribute to me because every morning after my cup of coffee I walk our land. While I walk, I see the wheat that has wandered over to our neck of the woods. Wheat literally lives all along my walking trail on our land and so, I also struggle with breathing in the wheat, which is why I have been using Flonase for many years.
Despite the allergies, to this day I continue to use my walking program to stay healthy and as fit as I can be. While I walk, I see many SW Montana images that I use in my paintings. Astral Graffiti, Wild Whispers, Edge Of The Woods, Fields In Motion are just a few of my collection that were inspired by my daily walks in South West Montana.
-Susie Rosso Wolf
Comments
Post a Comment